Sunday, March 3, 2013

Gerard Boulay Sancerre Chavignol

-Sauvignon Blanc
-Loire Valley, France
-2010
-$27.95 per bottle
- 88 Points: Cellar Tracker

I've recently been going to the tastings offered at the Vintage Cellar on Saturdays and I must admit the changes in the wines offered on those days are substantial. Far more often I am finding wines that have much more complexity than those on the Thursday tastings. But before I get ahead of myself here are my thoughts on this Sauvignon Blanc!

This wine has a VERY light color to the point of little to no yellowness in it and seemed almost clear. I got a lot of citrus on the nose which was very nice and went well with the bitey taste I got on the first sip. Sure enough I tasted a bit of orange in there as well, however I will also admit there was a little too much heat in this one in terms of alcohol that didn't complement the orange. Despite this it was still pretty good, and I'd recommend it to those who like a little citrus on their pallet!

No comments:

Post a Comment